Google
 

Download Firefox


Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My story behind blogging

This is my first entry for my blog, and it all started with this.

Monday night, I was out with my friend Melisa and her brother Matthew from 1 P.M. They are both from BC, Vancouver and we are friends from College (Trinity Western). I believe they arrived here in Hong Kong a week ago and they will be leaving this friday early morning, unfortunately. Anyway, so I brought them around - first to festival walk, then mong kok, then back to tst where their hotel is at. We were back by 6pm because their parents expected us back for dinner. We went over to California Steak House for dinner, I had a rib eye and it was amazing. Anyway, we headed back to their hotel around 9:30 ish and stayed over for awhile.

Dad calls at around 10pm, asking for where I was. Ok, here's the thing... Daddy doesn't call 20 year old son asking him where he is and why I'm out late on my summer holiday. That's just unnatural. If you have a dad like that let me tell you this, it's your life and you need to make your own decisions. Anyway, so my argument with my dad started off with him yelling at me through the phone telling me i'm a bum using his money for booze and such. Then he hangs up the phone. So I called him back, after about 15 seconds of him yelling at me he hangs up the phone again. I called again and mom picks up the phone so I told her to hand it over to my dad, knowing that my dad's not in the perfect state to talk she tells me not to talk to him and come home. Anyway, the last conversation went fine with him through the phone.

I got home, and we talked. One thing I did not put in mind was the fact that he was sick for the last 3 days. This seems normal to some people, but my dad never gets sick and when he gets sick... he's really sick. I yelled at him for about half an hour screaming my lungs out about how he was wrong. I was wrong. The thing is, I had all these things I planned out for Hong Kong before leaving Vancouver. I did not realize its only a month away from my departure back to BC, I knew I couldn't fulfill my own promise/plan. Just bumming around home using my dad's money for the past 20 years. Don't get me wrong, my dad is about the most happy and most successful man in many ways. I have great amount of respect for him and his ways of persuing his goals in life. Cliche this might sound to many of you - no ones perfect. At least... by far i'm no where close, probably on the bottom 30% of the population. My dad's not perfect, nor his words and his anger management. And am in no ground to talk about his imperfection while mine is so obviously sticking out everywhere. (That sounds perverted)

Now I'm working for a company called ISL which is like the sub company of what my dad owns. And I am currently working as a "photographer" and "editor" and "debugger" lol? Just so you know, I am surprised I was able to spell every one of those words correct ... not sure if debugger is a word but you know what I mean. I have no experience or the intelligence to do what they want me to do. I am working under Kuro-san, hahaha and my name is Kurodo so thats funny, I think. My supervisor is in charge of online marketting and selling merchandise over the internet especially to the Japanese people. He's also doing that here in Hong Kong but the site has not been up yet, and that is what I'm helping him with. Taking pictures, uploading it on the website and editting the instruction manual and such. This is my job half the time I am here in the office.

My other work is a project that is long lasting, it will take over years for it to succeed and I am quite interested in it. The boss from ISL and I have been talking about advertisements in the last few days I have been working here. He asked me whether I could find a way to attract people to come to a website www.ezeepolls.com This website is free for all, post whatever poll you want to and sign up if you wish. I will be editting this site in the next few weeks and if ever, feel free to give me an kind of feedback about how good or how shit it is. Right now, we are having about 100 clicks a day and I want to make it over 1000+ clicks a day in about a few months from now, and I'll be keeping updates every week or so on the number of clicks. If you have facebook/xanga/friendster or whatever blog/journal/picture website, may I ask that you post either my blog site or the site up there so people can see what I've got so far. Anyway, its an ongoing project and I don't tend to make a difference in the world with this, but to have some sort of goals or approach to a better/interesting life for now. Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol... kuro-san.... it had me confused at first lookin at tat pic "how is tat kurodo" nehow, looks like u found urself a cool job..
eh.... duno wat else to say atm, about to collaspe on my laptop, comment tm

jeffyzai said...

Hook me up with that job if you can :).

I hope to see more writing from you. It is interesting.