Google
 

Download Firefox


Friday, July 27, 2007

Morality

I agree with what you said about how this world is decaying itself despite the fact that I too, believe that "there's no such thing as moral". First, what are morals? It's the line between whats ethical and whats not from human judgement. Our actions and personality differs within individuals. Therefore, we have different values. When we have different values, we have different judgement. For example, some fucktard post up a video of "Japs killing dolphins to eat them! Animal Abuse!" on youtube. And frankly I thought it was funny to read all the comments, how people bitch about human morality to JAPANESE people killing FISH. Yes, you don't have to be a historical genius to know that Japanese people like.. umm.. fish? Oh wait we eat tuna and salmon, no pity for ugly fish? Does this mean we can't eat intelligent animals? I think some people are too ignorant when it comes to topics like morality. And this is all my opinion on morals concerning fish. I think there was over 100,000 replies on how japanese people are sick. Comments were coming from everywhere, I even saw comments in spanish! hahaha, yeah how often do you see a comment in spanish about how angry they are about dolphin tortures! On the other hand, dog being eaten by people sickens me. I don't think it's immoral, but thats just gross. Anyway, my point is... where do we draw the line between whats moral and whats not. We can't cause we all draw the lines where we want. So morality does not exist. When you speak of self-control such as killing, cheating, and hurting. I agree that it only creates disaster. However, think of wars thats going on, think of wanchai where there's shitload of hookers, and hurting? We all do that unconsciously in different levels. It's part of the world and we are bound to live with. We are living in a world functioned without the grounds of morals and ethics. It's not wrong because the moral now is that there are no such thing as moral. We can live like that because it's the comfort zone. And when we speak of how we grow up - the more we grow up, the more we understand that this world is a piece of shit and morality only exists in a dimension where unicorns and fairies roam around.

All in all, I understand how you feel about it, but I think there's really no point rambling about whats right and whats wrong. We can't judge from right to wrong anyway. Morality to me is an apathetical topic. But I like to talk, so there you go.

Reply to Helen -> http://monashedu.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=7377442232

No comments: